Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Inveresd & Logarithms

To find an inverse of any function the x is swith with the y to find the inverse. Where the x was you change to y and the same to the y change to x. That's how you find the inverse in any function. I learn aso that In can be cancel out by using e. Like in this problem In 10^x=5 to find x u use e to both sides which cancels the In leaving the x by it self. Making the final anwers would be x=e^5. But How do I do it when multipling ? Don't know? I learned in class which i didn't know before today but u can tell if it is an inverse if it passes the vertical and horizontal test . I can remember what else i learned in class so that it is.

1 comment:

  1. You can only "cancel out" using ln if the function is e^x. The base HAS to be e, not any other number.

    What do you mean when multiplying? I can try to answer this, but I don't understand the question.

    The horizontal line test tests to see if the function can even have an inverse. The vertical line test is to see if the graph is even a function from the start.

    ReplyDelete